Your Marty needs to know where all its joints are to be able to move around properly
A well calibrated Marty will be able to walk, dance and turn around with ease - but a poorly calibrated one will be wobbly, and might stop moving if its joints hit itself.
Luckily, calibration is quite straightforward! You can use the Marty the Robot app, or our web based calibration tool
Here is a short video that shows how to calibrate Marty:
Using the App
If you don't already have it, download the Marty the Robot app from the Android or iOS store.
- Open the Marty the Robot app
- If Marty is connected to your WiFi network or a command hub, select scan for Martys
- If instead you're using Direct Connect, connect your phone or tablet to the Marty Setup network
- Click the Calibrate button in the app
- The app will connect to your Marty and activate it
- Follow the instructions on the screen!
- You'll use the slider on the screen to make Marty's eyebrows flat
- Then you'll gently push Marty's joints until Marty is standing straight
- Click save and you'll have a chance to test your Marty's walk
Using the web-based calibration tool
If there are any issues, try out our calibration troubleshooting tool.
If that doesn't help you, please get in touch! Send a video of whatever is happening to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you ASAP