Before you get stuck in with programming, why not take your Marty for a test drive
You can remote control Marty using the app or our web-based remote control
Using the App
- Open the Marty the Robot app
- If Marty is connected to your wifi network, or you're using a command hub, click on "Scan for Martys", and then select your Marty
- If you're using Direct Connect, connect your phone or tablet to the Marty Setup network
- Click the Remote Control button
- Click "Get Ready" to activate your Marty!
- Use the joystick to steer Marty, and the buttons to do individual actions
Using the web-based remote control
You can find the web-based remote control online here.
Don't forget to use the "Get Ready" button to activate your Marty
If you're Marty isn't moving, check its battery is charged, and make sure you've clicked the "Get Started" button to turn on the motors!
A badly calibrated Marty will struggle to walk and may stop during a movement, head over to the calibration page for more instructions there. It's also worth double checking that your Marty is built correctly!
Marty will also turn off his motors if he gets picked up, thinks he's falling over, or if there's too much force on a joint. Click Get Ready to turn on the motors again.
If you're still having trouble, check out our support pages and don't hesitate to get in touch!
How do I make Marty move faster and do more?
To do that, you'll need to program Marty!
That's not as scary as it sounds, head over to the programming page to get started!